SiteGround vs InMotion Hosting : Which one is Cheaper,Secure,faster,Better, Better than the best?
When it comes to Webhost our Mind automatically seeks a google search about best and cheapest webhost Review and certainly you are too in dilemma to choose best of it, that’s Why I have sorted out myself to not only give you the Review but my Personal Case Study (a thorough 8 year study in webhosting) Comparing a one on one about Siteground vs InMotion Hosting, both SiteGround and InMotion Hosting offer services for shared hosting, VPS, and dedicated server customers. Both hosts set users up with all of the hosting essentials to get started: a free cPanel license, a complimentary domain name registration, and unlimited disk space for shared server customers.
Now the Question is Simple : From which host you gonna have to Rock on and EARN $1000s, Either Siteground or InMotion Hosting?
Currently I am using both Siteground and InMotion Hosting as My webhost, and here I am Gonna tell you about which one sets my future hosting, which one is cost effective, which one is more secure, which one is much faster, Simply which one gonna fits you Perfectly. (NOTE : here I am not gonna provide you the Screenshots a lot, rather I am gonna write the true experience of mine. So if you want too many screenshots of both webhosts, you can comment on below and I would possibly be providing it ASAP.)
Want to Skip Ahead?
SiteGround’s speed technology have an average of 1.3s as Load time which is an improvement for most people including me. SiteGround have almost no random errors, and support made the transition easy with a free migration. I rarely have to call them but when I do, they are super knowledgeable about WordPress/plugins and give detailed responses with virtually no wait times. They have tons of features on their StartUp vs. GrowBig vs. GoGeek comparison chart like automatic WordPress updates, daily backups, Let’s Encrypt SSL and an easy-to-use cPanel. And they’re the only host listed on all 3 WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal official hosting pages.
(DISCLOSURE : I am not biased about any webhost, I am Simply Presenting you the Reality here. Cause I am Affiliated with Both these Webhost and I don’t have any sort of Anger on any of these. And so on and so forth both presents me an equal opportunity while giving you a review, Case Study or any Sort of my Personal Suggestion to any of my Users)
Started Business: 2004
Price: $3.95 mo. – $9.95/month.
Hosting Interface: cPanel
Free Extras: I haven’t found Any Host Providing All this in Free.
Advantages of Choosing SiteGround:
InMotion Hosting Review
InMotion Hosting has been a 3 star CNET Certified company since 2003, and been in business since 2001. With their fast, reliable, and affordable hosting solutions, they offer a wide variety of options for customers, including shared, VPS and dedicated services. They are highly catered toward the small-mid sized businesses, yet easy enough to use and setup for a newcomer to the hosting world. The company is employee owned and operated, and they are well respected for their top notch customer service.
Servers sold includes shared, VPS, and dedicated servers with a specialty in Linux operating systems, specifically CentOS. Customer support has a A+ Better Business Bureau rating.
InMotion Hosting’s web hosting network is based on reliable and fast Linux and Unix operating systems, and is monitored 24/7 to continuously provide excellent performance. They offer a 99.9% uptime guarantee, and they have servers on both the East and West coasts to provide speeds up to 6Xs faster through their Max Speed Zone feature. Customers can easily choose which server they prefer to be on during sign up. InMotion Hosting also has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau, and they offer a 90 Day money back guarantee.
All of InMotion Hosting’s support staff is in-house, and nobody is outsourced. That means you’ll be getting US based support from a real person at any time of the day. They are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and can be reached via email, chat and phone. Their support is one of the driving factors for their success. InMotion has always believed in a customer-centric business model, and it is clearly seen when you contact them for support. They also have a Support Center section where you can access their tutorials, videos and knowledgebase articles.
With an extensive hosting support center, users can find any answer to questions they might have. Anything ranging from setting up emails to transferring domains.
What Sets InMotion Hosting Apart?
When you realize all that InMotion has to offer with its features, it ends up being cheaper than most competitors. Because InMotion is suited for the business class, automated backups are included with the monthly subscription price. Almost all other providers will charge a monthly fee for this service. Also, the ability to choose the location of your data center is crucial in making sure your site is operating at blazing fast speeds, a key component to businesses. With their 1-click installation of most CMS platforms, like WordPress, Drupal and Joomla!, via Fantastico, setting up a site is literally a click of a button away. They also give you a premium site builder upon request, and the award winning cPanel license to navigate absolutely free. They even offer up to $100 of Free Google AdWords credits with every sign up.
Shared Business Hosting
- Launch: $7.99 per month.Depending on when you visit their website, you can grab an occasional deal under $4. That’s if you are lucky. Usually, after the trial period, the monthly price jumps back to the usual rate.
- Power: $9.99 per month.
- Pro: $10.49 per month.
- Click here to Get the Launch, @ $4.19, Power @ $5.39 and Pro @ $8.99 only. (Note- this offer is only available on this website)
If these prices seem high, consider that they are long-term prices. The introductory offers tend to be slightly more expensive than comparable introductory rates offered by other hosts, but the long-term prices are right in line.
- VPS-1000HA-S: $24.99 per month.
- VPS-2000HA-S: $39.99 per month.
- VPS-3000HA-S: $59.99 per month.
Plans start off more expensive than some you may see offered by other hosting companies, but this is because they include more. The lowest-cost plan includes 4 GB of RAM and 75 GB of storage, along with 3 TB of bandwidth and 3 IP addresses. The highest-cost plan includes 8GB of RAM and 260 GB of storage, along with 6 TB of bandwidth and 5 IP addresses. Interestingly enough, the top-tier plan is a better value than comparable schemes I have seen offered by other hosts at a higher price.
- Essential: $189.99 per month
- Advanced: $219.99 per month
- Elite: $299.99 per month
These plans are suitable if you are running a large commercial enterprise online and you absolutely need your own server. They are obviously quite expensive but in line with industry standards. Look for hefty discounts on these plans; InMotion often will take $50 or more off on your monthly introductory rate.
- R-1000S: $27.99 per month
- R-2000S: $39.99 per month
- R-3000S: $54.99 per month
Plans start at 80 GB and run as high as 160 GB. You get a free dedicated IP address with all of them. The R-1000S plan includes 800 GB/month of bandwidth, and the R-3000S gives you 1,600 GB/month.
WordPress hosting is a big deal at InMotion. In fact, it’s probably the single thing that the company is best known for. There are three different plans for WordPress hosting:
- Launch: Starting at $4.89 monthly
- Power: Starting at $6.29 monthly
- Pro: Starting at $10.49 monthly
InMotion Hosting Pros
· InMotion Hosting have a USA based tech support which is all time regarding any of your tech problems.
· People says that they are 99.97% Uptime and Yes it’s true I have realised it since past few years.(99.80% if I say).
· They provide free Website backup.
· You don’t have to be the Master using this Webhost, it is as simple as that.
·Free SSL Servive.
· Free Domain Name.
· Servers are much faster
· Better uptime technology
· Respected in WordPress community
· Priority support is best in the industry
· Good for people who do their research
· Amazing security with ongoing updates
· Access to cPanel demo before buying
· They Provide Free Migration.
· Free Domain Name.
|InMotion Hosting Cons
· Their Pricing is like a big time contract.As you have to buy it for a whole 1/2 years.
TESTED- @36-48 Months with average loadtime of 1200 ms a page.
· Premium Plans are the only premium part of it.
· They provide only Linux based web hosting,no Window Hosting.
· Prices are a bit higher.
· Pricing,they usually update and lowers it.
· Limited CPU usage can cause website to get shut down temporary, but can often easily be fixed by removing bad plugins or enabling Cloudflare+ WordPress Heartbeat Control,which they provide free of cost.
· Limited disk space can be caused by hosting too many images, plugins, or any files (OK for most websites though)
SiteGround and InMotion Hosting both Provides a totally free Migration.
InMotion Hosting wins over here but Hopefully Siteground Hosting is not too far in this case. You can check up the server speed on Google Page Speed Insights and if the reduce server response time item is in your report, this means your server (hosting) is definitely slow…
Well I wanted the Siteground to be competing the InMotion Hosting here too but Alas! it made me sad. My personal Testing of both these in during 3-4 years made me confirmatory about this.
The SiteGround’s Pageload Time is always below 800ms which you can never ever find in any damn hosting. They are the Masters in Webhosting I think!
And while InMotion Hosting got me the Pageload time of 900 ms an average. Their best one I got was 700 ms though i haven’t remembered when, whereas the lowest of Siteground was 850 ms, and that is something magical i think.
They say that they both are just awesome about their customer support. They are both always online for their customers,whether day or night. But is it True??
Yeah it’s true!
SiteGround’s LIVE CHAT was just as Awesome as their Service! within a time limit of 10 seconds I guarantee about their Response. I have never seen their Reply crossing that time bound since more than 4 years. You can click here to check it by yourself about their LIVE Chat Response.
While InMotion Hosting in case of their Customer Support Reply took more than 2 min. But they are also good at here,whether if you contact them through Skype,Phone Call,Live chat, Ticket System,etc.They always gives you the solution.
In case of SSL Siteground and InMotion both offer it free, and i love them both in this case. They Provide you a free SSL, If I describe you the Value of SSL then I would say it connects the user to an Secure Platform where they can share any Private info. like Credit Cards and So on.
SSL makes Google and other Search Engine to Rank first and give it the most Possible Preference over non-SSL Website.
So with free SSL your website can have a Greater Chance to get Massive Traffic and Provide a win-win situation in a very short time.
When it Comes to Webhosting we particularly Google on the best Webhosting and Read out the Reviews from different various sites and Particularly we get ourselves hanging on by choosing that which hosting is Providing the maximum Memory like 10 GB ,20 GB …and so on. I am not saying that it’s not a valuable Criteria,but it is one of it.I am an entrepreneur and Personally loves Technology and Passionately Write Blogs (Since more than 8 Years). And from that 8 years + experience point of View I would there are a lot of other criteria before buying a Webhosting.
Let me Write in short. When we buy a webhost we See the Price, Memory, Domain, and that’s it (May be You see something more than this) .
BUT let me what should see in a webhost for any other future consequences-
- What is it’s RAM? – Yeah a Webhosting too have Something to do with RAM. A hosting server is a computer, but with resources dedicated to the task of hosting and making websites available on the internet. Just like on a personal computer, a server also has a certain amount of RAM.
- The CPU limit? – CPU” is generally a reference to the “processing recources”.
- When in a shared environment, an environment where several sites are sharing resources, the CPU is a reference to the server’s processor.
- Some sites require more processing because either: 1. they are busier; and/or 2. they need more processing to serve the page.
- What is it’s I/O? – I/O (input/output defined as KB/s) is just the “throughput” or speedof data transfer between the hard disk and the RAM. On a server, a disk I/O describes every process that involves writing to or reading from a storage device which on a shared web hosting server will be the hard disk drive, or HDD.
- Entry Processes Units? – Entry processes roughly estimates the number of visitors that your website can deliver data to simultaneously. When a visitor interacts with a page on your site, entry processes lasting milliseconds are opened to deliver the data. When the data is delivered, the entry process is freed up. Increasing your entry processes lets more visitors make simultaneous requests of your site.
- File Usage Limit? – File usage is measured in inodes, the number of files (including emails) and folders that can be stored on your account. Higher file usage limits let you store more files and folders on your account.
I think it’s a bit Messy now.But these are the Technical things you must See before Buying a Webhost. And best thing is that they Provide you a good customer support, So before buying You can Ask these No. of Questions to them.
Now which Hosting should I suggest to you¿
So in that Sense Having all these Things in a best manner in a cheaper way is difficult to have Yet I came up with today’s WINNER i.e. InMotion Hosting They are the Cheapest and Reliable one. Plus they are much better in CPU Usage limit, I/O, RAM, File Usage Limit. For eg. SiteGround have more than 300k File extension limit which any Web host does not have in Reality.
Your views may be different over here and I Agree with that, but I Must say that this Article is equal to an Overall Blogging Experience of more than 8 years. I have done a whole lot of things like WP Design, SEO, Jhoomla design, Drupal Design, Blogspot is rather whether one of the simplest thing i have done ever, with a no. of Hosting Companies like Bluehost, Godaddy, HostGator, InMotion Hosting, 1&1 Hosting,WP Engine,SiteGround obviously,etc. and after Straining the whole thing, I Found SiteGround as the best,Fastest,Reliable,Cheaper, with best Security Feature. They also Provides Free Migration of Website.
I hope you have liked this SiteGround vs InMotion Hosting Article and found it much Interesting and Informative, as it is very difficult to choose best webhost from a ton of Web host Company. This Article is Thoroughly Researched with an enormous time of Experience. If you have any Query about anything you want to know, I would love your Comment and Discussion. Share it If you found it good.